Please disable your adblock and script blockers to view this page
No MERN or MEAN… just Express js. For those who’ve learned a bit about the most awesome node framework, and want more.
What you’ll learn
- You have at least run a Nodejs program before. I will cover some basics, but this is NOT an intro to node class.
- You have basic command line knowledge (at least capable of navigating and running a program)
- You have a computer capable of running Nodejs.
I’ve had a lot of students ask for a course on just Express js because they were either overwhelmed when they learned it, or they can’t find any detail on it to go further than beginner knowledge. That’s what this course is for. We will go through the various pieces of Express in detail so you can know why it behaves the way it does and get the most out of it. Express 5 is currently in alpha, so when it hits beta or full release, and as questions come up, the course will expand accordingly!
Note: this course is not a quick path to launch a webapp with Express/Node. You can get that in 10 minutes in many other places. This course is meant to take a longer, deeper look at what Express js actually does.
I’ve been using Express since V.2, in 2012 and have seen it do just about everything. It is one of my favorite node modules and consistently one of the most downloaded on npm. There are other awesome technologies that patch into Express that get easily missed. This course will naturally lead into other things like websockets, webRTC, etc. Prepare for one of the most awesome node modules on npm!
- Environment Setup (skip if you have node installed already)
- Before Express… – TCP & HTTP, making an express-less node server
- Express 101 – Making a basic web sever with Express
- Express 201 – Middleware and Rendering
- Express 301 – Req & Res revisited, the router, and the express generator
- Rendering Project
- API Project
- Passport (jwt & local strategy still coming)
- Best Practices (Coming…)
- Supplemental – connecting to various DBs (very basic – only for those already familiar with a database)
Who this course is for:
- Beginner node developers who want to learn Express but overwhelmed by full MERN or MEAN courses
- Beginner node developers who need a review of JUST Express js
- Developers who want to go into the various pieces of Express in a little more depth without having to look at the docs
- Developers interested in using node as a webserver or using web sockets with Express
Created by Robert Bunch
Last updated 5/2019
Size: 5.94 GB